Prevent T2: Diabetes Prevention Program is a series of classes that will be held on Monday’s from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., beginning on February 24, 2020 and ending on February 22, 2021. If these days and times do not work for you, please call 302-623-343 for our other program options. It includes:
- Group sessions with a trained lifestyle coach to help you lose weight, eat healthier, be more physically active, and manage stress.
- Weekly for 16 weeks.
- Twice a month for the rest of the year.
- Learn to:
- Eat healthy foods.
- Become more physically active.
- Manage stress.
- Successfully overcome obstacles.
- Reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
The goal of the program is to help you lose 5 to 7 percent of your weight — up to 14 pounds for a person weighing 200 pounds — and work up to 150 minutes of physical activity per week.
- Employee Class Qualifications:
- Has a Hemoglobin A1c level of 5.7-6.4%, Fasting glucose between 100-125 mg/dL, OR Two hour plasma glucose 140-199 mg/dL.Has had gestational diabetes.
- AND/OR scores a 5 or higher on the CDC’s Prediabetes Risk Assessment – see attached.
- Has a BMI of 25 or higher (22 or higher for Asian)
- Medicare Class Qualifications
- Has a Hemoglobin A1c level of 5.7-6.4%, Fasting glucose between 100-125 mg/dL, OR Two-hour plasma glucose 140-199 mg/dL.
- Has Medicare or Medicare Advantage plan.
- Has never been diagnosed with Type 1 or 2 Diabetes.
- Has a BMI of 25 or higher (22 or higher for Asian).Di